Major enhancements include expanded support for mobile devices including smartphones and tablets, powerful tech workflow tools to drive efficiency, and interactive dashboards for business analytics.
Redwood City, CA – October 1, 2013 – Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software, today announced the release of the latest version of its patented Nexus® Service Delivery Platform. The latest version includes expanded remote support tools for mobile devices, advanced patent pending workflow automation for diagnosing and solving technology problems, and interactive dashboards for real-time decision making and business analytics.
“More than ever consumers and business users depend on technology to enrich and manage their lives, so when they reach out for support, it’s a moment of truth in the customer experience,” said Josh Pickus, President and CEO, Support.com. “The investments we have made in the Nexus Platform are targeted at removing barriers to delivering best-in-class technology support, so that technicians can focus on delighting customers. The latest release of Nexus incorporates what we’ve learned powering millions of support experiences for some of the country’s leading brands.”
The expanded feature set in the latest release of Nexus includes:
- Smartphones and tablets: Expanded tools for accelerating tech agent efficiency and reducing costs, including the ability to remotely diagnose and configure settings for Android™-based smartphones and tablets. The remote diagnostics capabilities are enabled by a lightweight app that also powers chat-based support.
- Service delivery best practices: Simplified creation and editing of standard operating procedure workflow (SOP Workflow) to drive technician consistency for an enhanced customer experience across an expanded set of devices. Nexus’ new Workflow Editor enables non-technical personnel to standardize best practices by combining remote diagnostics, automated solutions and standard operating procedures into a single tool for technicians. The Workflow Editor comes with a rich cloud-based Workflow and Task Library to enable re-use of automation packs and established best practices.
- Real-time analytics: New interactive dashboards that enable contact center analysts to better understand and optimize service delivery costs, complemented by existing Nexus online reporting and data services. The new, visually stunning dashboards provide contact center personnel the tools needed to perform ad hoc, drill down analysis on the rich data captured by Nexus during service delivery.
“While customer experience refers to the sum of the individual experiences that a consumer has with a company and its products over the lifetime of the relationship, the last experience holds significant weight. If consumers aren’t satisfied with their experience when they need help with a product or service, chances are that their overall experience will be negatively impacted”, said Mary Wardley, Vice President, Enterprise Applications and CRM Software, IDC. “As a result, these consumers are less likely to remain loyal customers, no matter how good the product or service may be. Frustration during a support issue that directly impacts the consumer’s ability to use a product can have significant consequences.”
Nexus, which powers millions of tech support experiences every year for many of the country’s leading brands, includes the following cloud-based capabilities:
- Nexus Apps: Drives sales via a health check app; provides a seamless experience for subscribers through a desktop client, has a subscriber portal and e-cart for online sales, and optimizes and secures computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Nexus Tech: Guides workflow and automates solutions to technical problems, has a unified workspace that combines remote support, chat, telephony, ticketing and order taking, eliminates the “swivel chair” between applications and has a supervisor dashboard that enables real-time monitoring.
- Nexus Cloud: Enables a tightly integrated partner ecosystem, with pre-built integrations to key technology partners for on-site and depot services, small business cloud services, warranty offerings and online backup. Web services APIs are also included for real-time integration to existing systems such as e-commerce, billing, CRM, point-of-sale and others.
- Nexus Foundation: Builds comprehensive and fully branded technology service programs including: marketing modules that provide a recommendation engine, customer profiles, and subscriber messaging; commerce modules including PCI compliant payment processing and a flexible promotion engine; entitlement modules including subscription management, service definitions, and software licensing; and logistics modules including skills-based routing and work order management.
- Nexus Analytics: Provides insight into program performance, marketing KPIs, subscription usage and churn, service delivery quality and compliance, SLA management and customer satisfaction. Reports are accessible through interactive dashboards, a real-time portal and can also be distributed regularly via email or secure FTP export.
Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a leading provider of cloud-based services and software that power premium technology support programs and technical support organizations. Our premium technology support programs help leading brands create new revenue streams and deepen customer relationships. Our Nexus® Service Delivery Platform helps technology support organizations reduce costs, improve problem resolution and enhance the customer experience. Our services and software are marketed to channel partners, including leading communications providers, retailers, technology companies and others. We also offer a wide range of easy-to-use software products designed to maintain, optimize and secure computers and mobile devices. For more information, please visit us at: corporate.support.com.
Support.com, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit https://corporate.support.com/about/careers.
Copyright © 2013 Support.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Support.com and Nexus are trademarks or registered trademarks of Support.com, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined under the U.S. Federal Securities Laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to the safe harbors created by such laws. Forward-looking statements may relate to, but are not limited to, market, partner and consumer activity, the features available in, and the potential benefits to be derived from products and solutions, and the release dates, plans and market acceptance of such products and solutions. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve a number of uncertainties and risks that may cause actual events or results to differ materially including, among others, Support.com’s ability to predict revenue and control expenses, shifts in partner and customer demand, shifts in strategic relationships, delays in Support.com’s ability to deliver its products and services, software errors, or announcements by competitors. These and other risks may be detailed from time to time in Support.com periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and its latest Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained from www.sec.gov. Support.com is under no obligation to update its forward-looking statements. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.
Martin Levy Public Relations